March 25, 2009

I am scared to have you dear

The 2 recent events that came to light of fathers raping their daughters for years on end prompted the below.
I am scared to have u dear
I am scared not for myself but for u,
U are vulnerable and innocent, susceptible and weak.

No longer do I gotta protect u only from strangers.
I have to protect you from my brothers, uncles, maybe, even from my father and husband.
No longer do I gotta hold your hand only in the supermarkets,
I have to hold it even more tighter in your own house, the cellar, the backyard.

No longer can I trust the man who wooed me, no longer can I trust the man who loved me.
His smile may be fake, his demeanor a façade, a monster of a man he very likely might be.
He might have loved me even though I was a stranger,
He might still very well hate u, who, is his own flesh and blood.
I am scared to have u dear
I am scared not for myself but for u,
U are vulnerable and innocent, susceptible and weak.

I want to show u the spring and the flowers, I want u to be as carefree as the wind.
But most of all, I want u to be loved by the man who calls himself your father.

I hope, I pray with all my heart that these simple wishes come true.
I hope that u never have to see the face of indifference or sorrow or cruelty.
And yet, yet, I am still scared to have u dear..

1 Comments:

Blogger NIBHATISH said...

It's just that the girls are coming forward and demanding justice.It was happening since decades or may be for centuries. These news are going to make world better by giving courage to the victims to stand for what is correct.

9:48 pm, April 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home