February 27, 2006

Acting -- The Pulsating Lifeline

Acting .....
its like a breeze of fresh morning air.........
It makes me happy, gives me pleasure,makes me excited and brings out my creativity. Its likes the spirit set free, imagination running wild.

I am basically a big daydreamer. For one small incident/situation/thought ; I imagine all +ve/-ve scenarios about it. But in real life, this leads to expectations, and more often than not, heartbreaks.

But, while acting, these shackles are broken. This is fun, to play with the characters, to build them, to give them aptitude and attitude :-)

Then, later on, to develop the scenes governed by these characters.

What would happen previously would be that my mind would shut-off and make me feel uncomfortablr and unnatural.Also, I would think only of dialogue delivery, and not of body language, mannerisms, etc. The acting workshop made me think of all these aspects also. The nuances need to be thought of, and be captured.

Its fun being there practicing, watching others perform and then the actual performance. This is the part where I always manage to mess up :-( the final act. Lack that common-sense or cool attitude to make up for any goof-ups or accidents.

A cat has 9 lives, but I have only one life, but I have got multiple, hundreds or even infinite lives, as long as I get a chance to get into the skin of other characters; some like me, some opposite to me, some opposite to me, any and every type of being.

Till then so enjoy the part, the drama, the reality.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one....

11:00 pm, May 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home